GISP: German-Iranian Scholarship Programme, Short-Term Scholarships for Doctorate Candidates
DAAD research grants provide Iranian doctoral candidates with an opportunity to carry out research in Germany. The grants also promote the exchange of experience and networking amongst colleagues. This scholarship programme is financed by the German and Iranian governments.
Who can apply?
Excellently-qualified doctoral candidates who were nominated by the Students Affairs Organization (Sazeman-e Omoor-e Daneshjooyan) of the Ministry of Science and Research and Technology (MSRT). Please apply at the Sazeman-e Omoor-e Daneshjooyan prior to your DAAD application.
What can be funded?
A research project at a state or state-recognised institution of higher education or a non-university research institute in Germany, which is being carried out in coordination with an academic adviser in Germany and in Iran.
Duration of the funding:
- 2 months by the DAAD, 4 months by the MSRT; the length of the grant is decided by a selection committee and depends on the project in question and the applicant's work schedule.
- The grant is non-renewable.
DAAD scholarship merits:
- 2 Monthly payments of 1,000- Euros (up to and including August 2018) respectively 1,200- Euros (from September 2018 onwards)
- Payments towards health, accident and personal liability insurance cover for the complete duration of the stay in Germany
- Travel allowance for the journey to Germany and back to Iran
- A German course accompanying the studies possible in the first two months of your stay in Germany (maximum costs 1,000- Euros)
An independent selection committee consisting of specialist scientists reviews the applications.
The most important selection criteria are:
- a convincing and well-planned research Project
- academic achievements
Additional documents that prove academic suitability or provide information about extracurricular activities will also be considered in the assessment.